More Than Just Business
The Presbytery of South Dakota will be adding an educational component to the June meeting this year. There will be 5 workshops that will be provided for people to choose from:
1. POSD Mission Project: We will be putting together meals through Kids Against Hunger. This is a hands-on mission project anyone can do and we hope to pack at least 1,000 meals, so join in the effort! The Rev. Diane Janssen Hemmen will be coordinating this workshop.
2. Clerks of Session: This is a time for Clerks of Sessions to get together with The Rev. Kevin Veldhuisen for training and to get their questions answered. It will also be a time to share and connect with your fellow clerks around the Presbytery.
3. Continuing Education for Sunday School Teachers: Paula Zavitz, a Certified Christian Educator at First Presbyterian Church in Rapid City, will be leading this workshop for all Sunday school or other Christian education teachers.
4. What’s Our Church’s Future?Trying to figure out what the future of your congregation might be? You do have a choice in the matter. Join The Reverend Dr. Carolyn Visser for an introductory workshop focused on new beginnings and legacies open to every congregation.
5. The Board of Pensions: Ken Green, our representative from the Board of Pensions will be leading a two-part workshop on our benefits plans.
To register for a workshop please visit: www.presbyteryofsd.org/meetings and fill out the online registration form.